Sunday, April 12, 2009

{Lasterday}

~"Lasterday" is one of my most favorite words that Kade says all the time. It is a combination of "last year" & "yesterday". It actually is a great use of words.. because wouldn't you agree that sometimes life goes by so fast that you cannot believe that it was really "last year"... or when life seems to stand still and go by really slow.. and yet it was just "yesterday"? This pretty much sums up the six wonderful years that I have had the incredible opportunity to be a mother. I feel it has been the most spectacular blessing in my life. I have had so much time to just enjoy my boys this past week.. and it makes my heart go pitter-patter just thinking about how much joy these two amazing, little boys bring into my life. Before bed each night they hug eachother and say..."thank you for being my best friend".. and this is exactly what they are.























I love to watch them playing, exploring, laughing & enjoying eachother's company. I could not have dreamed this up any better. They get so excited when they are reunited.. their eyes light up and they get the biggest smiles on their faces. They are so different, and yet so much the same. I spend many, many hours wondering what they will be like in 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 years... will they still choose eachother first? Will they still stick up for one another? Will they still say "thanks for being my best friend" before bed each night? All I know is that they said it "Lasterday"... and that is all that matters... I wish that life would just stand still... they are growing up way too quickly.

10 comments:

Sarah Young said...

Holy cow, there is one picture of Cole sitting next to the pond and his back looks so long he looks like he's about 12 or 13! I am so glad you are enjoying motherhood so much. It really is the greatest isn't it!

P.S. Can't wait to live vicariously through your Disney and Greece pictures! You lucky girl you! :)

LDraper said...

Ian says "lasterday" and "lasternight" ALL the time!!! I love it!

TracieCarter said...

Amen to it all!!! My fave of McKay's right now is, "There it is, silly goose!" He uses silly goose just about any time he addresses any of us which cracks me up! But Lasterday is classic kidspeak and really should be on Webster's list!

Amber Haider said...

Cole has changes so much! He looks so grown up. Maybe it is his hair. I don't know. He looks so tall too.

Em said...

I agree with everyone else Cole looks really grown up. I think it's his hair. I love lasterday so cute. when are you going to Disney Land?? too bad we can't get that discount like they do in the states. talk to you soon

AJ said...

So sweet!

kati said...

So stinkin' cute....Tianna was dissapointed when Kade wasn't at the gym today...while we were gettin ready she made me change her hair because "kade will think I am ugly" What? Your boys are precious...so are you!

Barb McLean said...

Getting to look at all these pictures is pure heaven! I was chuckling to myself because i think Uncle Jesse has cursed them with his fun cowlicks (sp?) Cole has a look of his cousin Andrew about him...so handsome, and Kaders eyes look huge! You are truly one blessed mama, and I have to agree with you that motherhood is the BEST!

McAllister Family said...

That is the sweetest blog post I have ever read! Lasterday is so cute! Love it! I love that they say "Thanks for being my best friend." So sweet. What handsome boys you have! I'm glad you are enjoying them so much! Those pictures are awesome, by the way. What treasures.

Robyn Kessler said...

these are some great words. I don't even have kids, and yet I worry about them someday hating each other for some reason. This is an uplifting story for me :)