Monday, July 20, 2009

~The {LOVE} Boat.... Days 5 & 6~


~Our third port stop was in Katakolon, Greece. This place is most famous for the archeological site of Olympia, where the ancient Olympic Games were held. We decided to team up with our friends and rent a car to get us out to the sites~


~We could not visit the ancient Olympic site without a little race of our own. We were so lucky to meet some fantastic friends on our cruise.. this is John & Leah - but of course I won!~


~On your mark, get set.... go!!!!! It was amazing to be able to see these things that you hear so much about. It really brought a new light to ancient times~


~Katakolon, Greece (Olympia)~


~Katakolon had some beautiful beaches to enjoy. After our Olympic tour.. we headed for a swim in the beautiful Mediterranean~


~Our fourth port stop was by far the best of all the places we went. Santorini, Greece. I could not have dreamed it up any better. I insisted that we take the donkey up the long, curvey walkway. The worker insisted that Steve get on this donkey because he was naughty. A one-eyed, old man walked that donkey the entire (long, steep) way up~


~Can my smile get any bigger? I LOVED it!!!! So much fun! What an experience! My donkey was naughty also. He would sneak up behind those that were walking and push them with his nose.. I could not stop him, and made a thousand apologies to people the whole way up~


~Santorini, Greece... the most gorgeous of all places I have ever seen. You need to see it for yourselves!~


~White buildings along the cliff overlooking the most beautiful, blue water you have ever seen. Picture perfect~


~The smiles say it all. When I dreamed of my 10 year anniversary in Greece.. this is exactly what I had in mind. We will definitely be back~


~Marvelous Santorini, Greece~


~Ahhh.... the colors!~


~We decided that the best way to get around this magnificent Greek island was by scooter. Of course we had to get the one with the most power. We zoomed all along and went from one tip of the island to the next. So much fun. I decided to let Steve take charge, so I rode "bitch" (on the back)~


~This will be a day that will never be forgotten. I was so filled with happiness and peace. I was loving every single day & adventure of this cruise and the joy of waking up at a new, spectacular place every single day~


~Santorini, Greece... better then my dreams...~


~Just loving spending time with my honey on this gorgeous island :)~


~Santorini, Greece... I have already started planning my next trip to come back~


~The highlight to the entire cruise...I felt like I was starring in "Mamma Mia" or "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" - they were both filmed here~


~Looking pretty sassy with our fancy helmets on... I learned earlier on in the cruise... Safety First!~

1 comment:

Sarah Young said...

you keep speaking of the trip back... can i come?!

p.s. you look gorgeous sis!