Monday, November 30, 2009

~Porsche Birthday 2009~


~Anyone who knows my big boy and my two little boys.. knows that they are in {LOVE} with Porsches! That made it easy to choose a theme for our boys' birthdays this year. We started off the excitement with a trip to the new Porsche Museum in Stuttgart~


~The successful record of Stuttgart’s sports-car manufacturer, Porsche is due to it being both the smallest independent German automaker and the world’s most profitable automaker. It is based on decades of experience in automotive manufacturing and in motorsports. The history of Porsche sports cars began in 1948~


~About 80 vehicles and many small exhibits are on display at the new Porsche Museum. Even as early as the 20th century, the name of Porsche stood for the commitment to never be satisfied with a technical solution that fails to fully meet or exceed all of its requirements, including opportunities for further improvement. My boys sure do know how to pick a dream car~


~On October 5, 2005.. my beautiful son Kade was born. He is now 4 years old. He could not be more handsome or sassy. This is a boy who knows exactly what he wants in life and has an awesome imagination. He has a very kind heart and loves to put chapstick on and whistle..mostly because his older brother Cole cannot. He just also realized the fun reactions that come from him crossing his eyes. He loves to help me out in the kitchen, and with my chores around the house. He chose this yellow cake and the chocolate frosting for his birthday cake and cupcakes this year. He was able to take the cupcakes and share them with his preschool class~


~My boys are not able to watch commercials on our military T.V. so they do not know all of the toys that they are missing out on. That is a little hard when they do not know what they want for their birthday. I decided to take him out to lunch, and then to the store to pick out one special gift. He chose this huge jet that makes take-off noises and shoots missiles..great choice~


~I came into the kitchen after we got back from the store.. my little Kade had found his way to his cake and was eating the frosting off.. it is his cake.. how do you get mad at a boy with such a sweet face and sweet tooth?~


~After dinner we sang to Kade and had him make a wish and blow out his candles.. I think that he had a very special day.. he was full of smiles~


~It is a tradition in our home to make a special breakfast on October 6th. Kade's birthday is October 5th, and Cole's birthday is October 7th. I am sure that sooner than later, the boys will start demanding that they each get a special breakfast, instead of meeting in the middle & sharing the day.. but for now it is working :) We made heart-shaped pancakes with syrup, fresh berries & whipped cream~


~We decided to surprise Cole by showing up at his lunch in the school cafeteria. He was very happy to see us. We brought cupcakes for him to give out to his class~


~Cole is always very cute with Kade when he is around his friends. He is the perfect big brother to him. We finished up with Cole's lunch and had to hurry to the car rental shop for our next big birthday surprise!~


~We had the keys in our hands and we high-fived eachother when we saw this beautiful, black porsche sitting in the garage at the car rental company. Kade started to jump up and down when he found out we actually were able to get in it and drive it.. not just look at it~


~We pulled up to the front of Cole's elementary school waiting very impatiently for him to get out so that he could see his birthday surprise. I was pacing back and forth.. it was so cute because when I met up with him and was bringing him back to the Porsche.. he could not see Kade and Steve inside it..and he said, "Look mom, a Porsche." which is what happens every single time they see any form of a Porsche in Germany~


~I have never seen Cole so surprised and so happy in my entire life. His grin was ear to ear and his eyes were glowing with excitement. He started screaming as soon as he realized that dad was actually driving that Porsche he just saw. He did five circles around then got inside and put his head up through the sunroof~


~Cole knows that the CarreraS is Steve's most favorite Porsche.. so he wanted to make sure it was a Carrera because that is VERY important.. the picture was proof that this is very much one of the very coolest cars ever!!!!~


~Do you think he will ever forget his 7th birthday? This boy was having the absolute time of his life.. and we were proud parents that we were able to share this with our boys~


~Don't worry..the boys were not the only ones with smiles on their faces. My big boy was having the time of his life also. This was a dream come true for him. He had the Porsche going upwards of 150mph on the Autobahn..it would have been faster without the traffic (I believe it). I was screaming the entire time..scared to death.. the boys were in the back and were encouraging Steve to go faster. He took an exit and we cornered at 75mph.. I thought we were going to die~


~But we survived, and really had the best time out cruising through our favorite country roads.. that we knew we could go fast on. We ate dinner and Cole & Kade got up from the table 15 times so that they could go make sure the Porsche was OK~


~It became dark outside, and our miles were all used up on the Porsche.. It was so much fun thinking about Cole all day this day and to think that 7 years before he was born. He is such a kind-hearted boy who is very social and loves adventures just like his dad. We ended our night with cake and ice cream for Cole.. to be honest I do not think he had to make a wish when he blew out the candles.. I think that wish had just come true~

4 comments:

Sarah Young said...

HOW FUN!!! You guys are the coolest parents!

Steve McLean said...

Best experience I've had in Germany....hands down! I can't wait to do it again, only thiis time without traffic. Really see what that beautiful machine is capable of!

Barb McLean said...

Ahhhh a birthday everyone will remember! Next time I go to Hawaii I'm renting the red Ferarri I only drooled over. you've inspired me... my new motto is Carpe Diem!

Anonymous said...

I took my nephew camping a week in the woods at 7, all week sucking c--ks and ass f-c-ing him, I want t do the same with you, he could swallow all my come I hope you can too, love f-c-ing yung boys