Thursday, August 28, 2008

~We Love You Grandma & Grandpa! Thanks For Coming To Visit Us!~


















~Kade loved having Grandma here to play cars with~










~Cole loved having Grandma here so that he could play cards with her~















~Germany is great about having lots of fabulous parks all throughout the village. This is the one we go to the most because it is so awesome and very close to our home. You can also tell that you are not in the U.S. because they have things like zip lines and super big slides at the parks - that would never meet safety requirements in the U.S. ~


















~The boys did a good job taking turns and they love, love, love the zip line~

















~Cole likes us to push him super hard so that he flys down the line and bouces off the tire that stops them and shoots them back in the opposite direction~


















~Kade wasn't so sure about the super, dooper big slide... so he talked Grandma into going down this one with him about 152 times~

















~Grandma had to push and push for about 30 minutes. Kade loves the tire swing~


















~Steve and Cole climbed the tall wall and then were getting ready to climb up the tower so that they could slide down this metal masterpiece of fun~
















~You have to be super careful, because you can really get going fast on this slide. Cole went down it about 20 times. It is a lot of work to get to the top - so he was very tired at the end~










~But not too tired to ride his bike home with his dad from the park. Cole loves to ride with Steve on the bikes~












~This cracks me up! Can you tell that I have been on way too many vacations to properly take care of the garden that I planted. These zucchinis were the size of my legs! Next year the neighbors with the "perfect" garden... told me they would help me out - I definitely need it! I love to work in my backyard, but we had a very busy summer this year~

11 comments:

Sarah Young said...

Okay, I don't know how you neglect your garden all summer and you manage to grow zucchinis the size of baseball bats. I neglected my tomato plants and they look like withered up twigs! What gives?!

Also, I think I could use one of your German playgrounds! Holy cow that looks like fun! What's up with the swirling metal tower of terror! It's like a water slide without the water! :)

Barb McLean said...

Wow, the park looks so fun! I have some zucchini's that could rival yours any day of the week. We can both claim the title of garden neglectors. Wish you were here to help me eat all the tomatoes dad planted. I still think he plants for a family of 7, when we are empty nesters.

hilla said...

Are you bawling your eyeballs out? Because I would be!
Talk about a park! Amaya would be in 7th heaven!

AJ said...

Oh my gosh you guys look like you are having so much fun all the time! Good for you!

I've never had zucchini's that big, but I planted 1 pumpkin seed and harvested 27 pumpkins from that darn thing. It took over 1/2 of my backyard. The next year, there were 3 pumpkin plants in different parts of the yard and I have no idea how they got there! We were being overtaken by pumpkins! Crazy plants!

Em said...

I am so happy you guys could have such a fun time with your parents. Maybe, you can rest up now...at least until the next adventure.

Amber said...

Hey!
Love your blog. Keep it coming. Tell Steve our YW and YM took a raft trip down what I think was the same stretch he did with Jer and Cole. We had 5 rafts. It was fun. No canoes though. That would be crazy! :)

Jen Nagel said...

Thanks for spreading the word about my new blog. I'm so enjoying everyone else's. It's so great to reconnect with family again!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristine,

What a wonderful time we had there all together. I really miss being there with all of you. What a great experience being in Germany. I loved every minute of our time with you all. Thank you so much for sharing your lives with Larry and I. The camels are the best. They look like my three girls. :-) Love you all. Mom

Hey, It's Ansley said...

The zucchini grow about as fast as your boys! They are so much bigger than I remember.

Clark Family said...

Wow, you guys look like you're having so much fun in Germany! It was great to see some pictures of your cute boys!

Garrett and Heather Wood said...

Kristine, so much fun! I love that playground by your house--I think it's the best in Stuttgart.