Tuesday, August 12, 2008

~While The Cats Away ~ The Mice Will Play~


~Steve was gone for two weeks back to the states, and it was important for me to fill these two weeks so that I didn't go crazy! My friends were great to me and made sure that my calendar was full and we had plenty of things to do. This is in our backyard - one of the best purchases that we ever made. The boys love to jump on their trampoline~

~This is another fun day, we made it to the Stuttgart Zoo - this is in the butterfly pavillion. Cole wanted a butterfly to land in his hand so badly - I have never seen him so patient and still~

~There were hundreds of these flying all around us~

~A very "teethy" smile for Steve's dental office photo frame~


~This was hysterical to me! I went to read the sign to Cole about what kind of Rhino this was.. and I saw this picture. This puts a whole new meaning to being "horny"~

~We finally came upon my favorite - the giraffes - they are so cute - this was a great zoo and we had a really good time~

~We were invited by our friends to their village in Wildberg to see the Sheppard's Run Festival. We got to see a parade, the boys got to ride on some carney rides, and we got to see some sheep, and watch people do some very "interesting" events~

~Cole & Kade rode a different car on this ride 12 different times! Yes, I said 12 times~

~It is fun being able to be a part of these small town events - the boys are always game for a festival that they can run around and eat candy, ride on some rides & see animals~

~Bahhhhhhh~

~My friend Lisa was so kind to us and invited us to come stay with her for a week while her husband was also away to the states. I don't know if she thought I would take her up on it - but we packed our bags and drove the 30 minutes to her house and it was so much fun to have a friend to talk to, and the boys loved playing with all of their toys and their friends. This was Cole's first time on a slip-n-slide - he had the best time~

~Kade was a little cold, but he still had fun walking instead of slipping on the slide~

~We went on an adventure to see some castle ruins~

~We had a good two weeks, but we were very excited to go and pick Steve up at the airport. He had a good time seeing family in Georgia, and going to the Dental Conference in Orlando. It was fun to hear about the food that he got to eat while he was there - we have been missing our favorites. He went on a huge shopping spree and we were spoiled rotten when he returned. Thanks so much to my friends who entertained me and helped me and my boys from getting too lonely while Steve was away. It is so nice to have him back~

5 comments:

hilla said...

Horny rhinos! Hahaha that is funny. That trampoline looks like a great purchase, indeed. How sad that you couldn't all go back to the States, but it appears you were well entertained.

AJ said...

It looks like you guys are having a fantastic time in Germany! I'm so glad that you are getting out to see everything! My brother was stationed in Okinawa for 2 years and didn't do anything there...what a dork!

Sarah Young said...

Why in the world would they put rhinos doing it on the species picture?! Instead of a little Brown Bear Quiver like at Wildlife safari you get rhinos instead! Haha! I'm so glad you guys were able to keep busy while we were having fun with Steve! Oh and I'm WAY jealous of your new trampoline! What I wouldn't give to be able to send the kids out back to wear themselves out on one of those! :)

Barb McLean said...

I keep staring at the pictures in amazement at how much the boys have changed since the last time I saw them. I am trying not to be sad, but it is hard not to when the proof is before my eyes that they are growing up so fast. Glad to see you are making great summer memories... Miss you all like crazy!!!

Anonymous said...

It was so wonderful to be a part of this wonderful experience in Italy. The pictures were amazing and I relived the whole experience again as I was enjoying the blog. You are an amazing story teller. The tractor ride was the best. Cole will never forget it. I hate to leave my special ones here in Germany, but look so forward to Christmas in Oregon. Love you. Mom